Personal Care Assistant Program
Employers, county and state agencies now have access to an affordable and efficient Personal Care Assistant (PCA) certification program provided by Clackamas Community College. This interactive two-week (50-hour) program is a hands-on, face-to-face training offered for $1,350 per person and includes all course materials. Classes are held in either morning or evening sessions to fit the busy schedules of students and working adults.
Students who successfully complete this two-week, ETPL certified program receive a non-credit training certificate through the Oregon Dept. of Education. Classes are held at Harmony Community Campus 7738 SE Harmony Rd., Milwaukie, OR 97222.
Participants learn basic care-giving skills that will benefit new and incumbent, non-licensed home care providers and care-givers in long-term and residential care communities.
Communities that use PCA training will improve their service quality by:
- Improving resident safety
- Ensuring that PCA training is standardized, consistent, assessed, and conducted by professional instructors who are RNs or LPNs
- Increasing access to a quality healthcare workforce by using trained PCAs and allowing other providers to work and provide services at the top of their license
Download our Personal Care Assistant brochure here!
Upcoming Training Sessions
No sessions are scheduled for now. Check back later for more updates!
Call 503-594-3200 for registration information.
- 50-hours of training with a certified instructor who is a registered nurse
- 5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- State of Oregon recognized non-credit Training Certificate
- CPR/AED First Aid training - American Heart Association
- Oregon Food Handlers Certificate
- Use of the college state-of-the-art Nursing Assistant Laboratory
- Ongoing assessment and feedback
- CPR and First Aid
- Customer Service
- Conflict Resolution
- Professional Standards
- Body Systems & the Disease Process
- Basic Nursing Assistant Skills
- Memory Care
- Medication Overview
- Home Management Skills
- Hospice Care
Instructor: Kristen Hamer Hunt, MSN, RN
“Healthcare education is one of my passions. My nursing experience spans 25 years with a combination of direct patient care and adult education in both classroom and clinical settings.”
What our students are saying
"The instructional methods that Kristen used during this training was truly unique and made learning easy and relevant." - Arturo
"Even with my years of healthcare experience, the PCA class helped me grow in confidence and to feel prepared to start my new job as a PCA." - Lynn