A photo presentation featuring gardens in southern England is one of the offerings of the Fall 2012 Seasoned Adult Enrichment Program at Clackamas Community College.
The Seasoned Adult Enrichment Program (SAEP) provides seniors in the county an educational experience designed and administered by “seasoned adults” in the community. All classes are held at the Harmony Community Campus, in room 191 of the Oregon Institute of Technology building, unless otherwise indicated. All sessions begin at 9:30 a.m. The fall 2012 SAEP schedule follows:
• Oct. 10: “The Environment and the Public Interest.” Presented by CCC graduate Ken Eshelman.
• Oct. 17: “Echoes from the West.” Author Verda Spickelmier discusses her book, “Echoes from the West,” which contains interpretively written factual stories of Americans, native and new, that took place between 1828 and 1853.
• Oct. 24: “Gardens of Southern England.” Ken Lister shares a photographic tour of splendid English gardens.
• Nov. 7: “Field Trip to the Oregon Historical Society.” Carpool to the Oregon Historical Society to view displays and special exhibits including “Voices from the Past.”
• Nov. 14: “World Travels, Past and Future.” Bob Misley, a retired CCC instructor, talks about his world-wide travel and share details about his upcoming Galapagos Islands trip.
• Nov. 11 & 18: CCC Fall Theatre Production: “Barefoot in the Park.” Two Sunday show dates, beginning at 2:30 p.m. in the Osterman Theatre at CCC’s Niemeyer Center. Ticket information: $10 and $8 seniors. www.TheatreCCC.org.
The cost is $3 to attend one SAEP session, or a total of $15 to attend the term’s sessions. For more information about the SAEP program, please contact Jann York at 503-594-0630 or visit the SAEP website at http://depts.clackamas.edu/saep/.