The Seasoned Adult Enrichment Program (SAEP) presents weekly programs for seniors and retirees at Clackamas Community College’s Harmony Campus.
The program provides seniors in the county with an educational experience designed and administered by “seasoned adults” in the community.
All classes are held at CCC’s Harmony Road campus in room 191 unless otherwise indicated. All sessions begin at 9:30 a.m.This fall’s SAEP schedule follows:
For more information about SAEP, please call 503-594-0620.
- Oct. 9: “Travels in Palestine Earlier This Year.” Dee Poujade spent three months in the land of Palestine and gives a talk on her experience. A no-host lunch follows at noon.
- Oct. 16: “What’s New?” Ian Mitchell, from CCC’s Wilsonville campus, gives a talk on what is new and exciting in the world of technology.
- Oct. 23: “The Old West as Represented by Newspaper Articles and Maps of the Day.” Robert Hamm is a collector of Old West memorabilia and will share some historical documentary insights into our region.
- Oct. 30: “Outside Interests: An Interactive Session.” The SAEP group will have an open discussion of their interests, including hobbies and community activities.
- Nov. 6: “Field Trip to Oregon Headquarters of Guide Dogs for the Blind.” Travel in vans to Boring and take a tour of the Guide Dogs for the Blind facilities.
- Nov. 13: “Naturopathy: Health, Nutrition & Wellness.” Heather Gendvilas has studied nutrition for 12 years and will give a presentation on what she has learned.
- Nov. 20: “Ecology and Economy: How They Interact.” Jerry Hermann of Earth Crusaders will give an overview of great conservationists in Northwest history and how the economy affects their work.
- Nov. 17 & 24: “CCC Theatre Production: Almost, Maine.” Enjoy a Sunday matinee performance of “Almost, Maine” by John Cariani. Begins at 2:30 p.m. in the Niemeyer Center’s Osterman Theatre at CCC. Purchase tickets online at www.TheatreCCC.org.