Vision + Initiatives
- CCC Purpose, Mission, Core Themes and Code of Ethics
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Guided Pathways
- Highlights and Rankings
- Institutional Research
- Bond Initiatives
- Accreditation + Policies
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
Adams Steps Down from CCC Board of Education
OREGON CITY - Ron Adams has resigned from the Clackamas Community College Board of Education Wednesday after representing the West Linn/Wilsonville area since 2003. The board passed a declaration of board vacancy for the zone during its Dec. 12 regular meeting.
In a letter to the Board of Education, Adams wrote "Now is the best time for myself, my family and the college. ... My confidence in the faculty, staff, the Board and President Tim Cook for continued success could not be greater."
Adams has served the college district for 15 years and served on the Oregon School Board Association Legislative Policy Committee. During his tenure, he has helped the college achieve many milestones, including:
- 2007 - Successful president search
- 2009 - Go Oregon stimulus package funding
- 2011 - Approval of three-year $18-million grant to support CASE strategies to expand and enhance career pathways
- 2012 - National Guard awards CCC Family Program Community Purple Award
- 2014 - Passage of a $90-million bond measure
- 2016 - Completion of $10-million Foundation campaign that raised more than $11million
- 2017 - CCC named top college for vets by Military Times
- 2017-18 - Successful president search
- 2018 - Restoration of the Environmental Learning Center
"Along with the Board of Education, I thank Ron for his service. His strong commitment to strengthening relationships between community colleges, K-12 and universities and his experience as a representative in the state legislature have been great assets to the college," CCC President Tim Cook said.
Applications for the vacant position are being accepted until 4 p.m., Jan. 4, 2019. For more information about the position and to apply, visit www.clackamas.edu/board-of-education-documents.