• Academic Evaluation

    Academic EvaluationAcademic Evaluation is an automated educational planning and advising tool in myClackamas that provides you with an unofficial* status report of the college credits you've earned in relation to specific CCC degree/certificate requirements. Please note some of the following important milestones during your educational experience when you may want to pull up an Academic Evaluation via myClackamas:

    • While you are establishing or reviewing your educational plan options (Also referred to as a "What If")
    • When you prepare to petition to graduate
    • To confirm your educational plan after having transfer credits evaluated

    To have your transfer credits evaluated, please turn in your Official Transcripts to the Admissions, Registration and Records Office. Once the Office of Admissions, Registration and Records receives your Official Transcripts, you will be notified via your myClackamas student email account for further instructions. Copies of previously processed official Academic Evaluation reports are available by contacting the Office of Admissions, Registration and Records Office and/or The Academic Advising Office.

    *Official Academic Evaluations are performed by the Office of Admissions, Registration and Records .

    Please petition for graduation two terms in advance of your anticipated term of completion.

    Please note: Approved course substitutions/waives or acceptance of transfer credit may not be reflected in your Academic Evaluation via myCougarTrax. Please contact the Office of Admissions, Registration and Records or Academic Advising at should you have questions regarding this or other Academic Evaluation report items.

  • How to interpret your Academic Evaluation

    Where/How can I get help with my Academic Evaluation report?
    Please refer to How Do I Interpret My Academic Evaluation Report for an explanation of the components of your Academic Evaluation report. You may also contact an Academic Advisor or Evaluation Specialist for assistance.
    What is an "exception" or "substitution/waive"?

    A substitution/waive is when you receive approval from CCC to substitute one or more courses for another required course or to remove a specific course requirement. These are applied once a Petition for Graduation form is submitted. 

    Exceptions are made in the Academic Evaluation report when you are given credit for meeting a course or specific program requirement by way of acceptance of your transfer credit, the taking of a competency exam and/or some other demonstration of meeting a specific requirement.

    Why aren't all of my credits being used in my Academic Evaluation?

    Your Academic Evaluation is the result of a comparison done between your CCC academic record and specific degree/certificate requirements. Not all of your credits may be applicable to the specific degree/certificate program you have selected. Be sure to refer to a current copy of the CCC catalog for complete listing of degree/certificate programs and their specific requirements.

    Some examples where your estimation of credit may differ from what CCC's Academic Evaluation report indicates includes the following:

    • An official transcript of your transfer credit from other accredited post secondary institutions has not yet been received and evaluated. Please refer to the Transfer Credit Evaluation process if this is something that you would like to have done.
    • There may have been catalog, course or certificate/degree changes that you are not aware of.
    • An approved substitution/waive for a specific course has not yet been received and processed.
    • Some of your coursework may not be considered college level.
    Why isn't my program listed in the Academic Evaluation "What if" menu in myCougarTrax?

    The list of approved certificate/degree programs being offered at CCC is updated in myCougarTrax annually with the arrival of the College Catalog. Reasons that your program may not be listed include the following:

    1. It is a newly approved program that will not be available until the following catalog year.
    2. The program you have selected may have specific entrance requirements prior to beginning the course of study.
    3. The program you have selected may no longer be offered by the college.

    Please be sure to work closely with an Academic Advisor if you have selected a program that is not listed in the Academic Evaluation area of myCougarTrax.

    How do I change/update my program of interest?
    It is important that you keep CCC informed regarding your educational goals and intent. This will increase your ability to receive timely and important information regarding your specific program of interest and progress towards degree completion. You can view the information regarding the program of interest currently listed on your student record by going to "My Profile" in myCougarTrax. Please contact the Office of Admissions, Registration and Records in the Enrollment Services Center in Roger Rook Hall at our Oregon City campus, or either of the Harmony or Wilsonville campuses, should you need to update/change your program of study. You may also update other important information such as your name, address and phone number with the Office of Admissions, Registration and Records in Roger Rook Hall or online with myCougarTrax. Please contact the Office of Admissions, Registration and Records Office should you have questions or need assistance.
    About CCC Degrees/Certificates and Transfer Credit

    Clackamas Community College has been approved by the State of Oregon Department of Community Colleges and Workforce Development to offer Associate degrees (two year degrees) and Certificates of Completion (one year or less). Requirements for completing degrees and certificates have been determined by CCC, in accordance with the Oregon Community College Board of Directors, the State Board of Education criteria and the accreditation requirements of the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Please see the CCC catalog for a current listing of our approved degrees/certificates.

    CCC accepts credit transferred from institutions that are regionally accredited and recognized as such by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers. Students that have eligible college level course work from previously attended accredited institutions may be able to apply these credits towards a CCC degree/certificate. Please turn in your Official Transcripts to the Office of Admissions, Registration and Records . Once the Office of Admissions, Registration and Records receives your Official Transcripts, you will be notified via your myClackamas student email account for further instructions. 

  • Contact our Office of Admissions, Registration and Records

    Oregon City - 19600 Molalla Avenue, Oregon City, Oregon 97045

    Email us: admissions@clackamas.edu

    Call us: 503-594-6100

Recent NewsRSS Feed



Board of Education meeting agenda for Wednesday, July 22, 2015. Bill Brod Community Center, Room 127 Full Story

‘How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying’ Opens Aug. 1

Clackamas Repertory Theatre continues its 11th season Saturday, Aug. 1, with Frank Loesser’s 1961 Tony and Pulitzer Prize-winning musical comedy satire of big business. Full Story

August 2015 CCC Calendar of Events

The following community events are scheduled at Clackamas Community College in August 2015. Full Story

Upcoming Events

Date: 7/27/2015  Time: 9:00 AM
Location: Niemeyer Coffman Lobby (N101),Niemeyer Leroy Anderson Rm (N119),Niemeyer Choral Room (N114)
View Event
Date: 7/29/2015  Time: 11:30 AM
Location: Outside Community Center (Quad)
View Event
Date: 7/30/2015  Time: 7:30 PM
Location: Niemeyer Osterman Theatre (N147)
View Event