• Educational Tax Credits (1098-T)

    IRS form 1098-T

    Did you know that you may be eligible for tax credits for the courses you take at CCC? The 1098-T form is used by eligible colleges and universities to report information about their US resident students to the IRS.  CCC reports certain enrollment information and identifying information about US resident students who attend during the tax year.  Included in the 1098-T form are qualified charges that were billed along with financial assistance, excluding student loans.  CCC is not required to provide 1098-T forms to students who are non-US residents.  If you plan to claim an educational tax credit, your social security number is required.  Failure to provide this information may result in a $100 fine assessed to you by the IRS.

    Viewing your 1098-T

    If you enrolled in credit courses from Jan 1-Dec 31 during the previous year, you can access the 1098-T form at www.1098t.com.  A hard copy of the form is mailed to those students who do not consent to electronic notification.


    You may not be eligible for the fees reported, depending on your individual tax situation.  CCC does not report other expenses that may be eligible for tax purposes, such as books and other required supplies.  To determine which fees you may be eligible for, please consult a tax advisor or review IRS Publication 970.

  • Contact our Office of Student Accounts Receivable

    Oregon City - 19600 Molalla Avenue, Oregon City, Oregon 97045

    Email us: staccounts@clackamas.edu

    Call us: 503-594-6068