• Refunds

    Refunds are processed differently depending on how the payment was made.

    Financial aid refunds

    Financial aid refunds are processed weekly and distributed on the last business day of the week. Refund checks will not be held for pick up at the college. Refunds will be issued by check and mailed to the address on file unless you sign up for direct deposit.

    To sign up for direct deposit:

    1. Login to your myClackamas account at www.myclackamas.edu.
    2. Click on Payment Information
    3. Click on Pay and Account Information
    4. Click on eRefunds
    5. Click on Set up Account
    6. Enter banking account information

    *Don’t forget to save your information.

    Important: Once you submit your direct deposit information, it may take 5-10 business days for your bank to verify the information you provided. If you are issued a refund while your information is being verified, a check will be mailed to the address you provided.

    Class refunds

    Class refunds are processed beginning the third week of the term and each week thereafter. Refunds are distributed on the last business day of the week.Important: If you are a financial aid recipient and have dropped a class(es), your account must be reviewed by the Financial Aid Department to determine if you are eligible to receive the refund based on federal regulations.

    Debit or credit card refunds

    If your bill was paid with a debit or credit card within the past 90 days, the card used will be credited for the amount of the refund. Please allow your bank a few additional days to process the credit. Refunds for payments made more than 90 days ago will be issued by check and mailed to the address on file.

    Cash or check

    If your bill was paid with cash or check, a check in the student's name will be mailed to the address we have on file unless direct deposit has been set up.

    Other refunds

    If your bill was paid by a scholarship or a third party, the refund will be credited back to the original payer unless other instructions were provided by the donor.

    Refunds issued in error

    The college has the right to reclaim funds refunded in error. Should you receive a refund in error, a stop payment will be placed on the check.In the event the check has already been cashed or the funds have been deposited into your bank account, CCC will attempt to notify you by using one or more of the following methods: email, phone or U.S. mail. Students have 30 days to repay the college before collection procedures begin.

    Uncashed financial aid refund checks

    If there is a refund check resulting from financial aid funds we have sent to you that remains uncashed, we will make reasonable attempts to notify you. Uncashed checks older than 180 days may be returned to the U.S. Department of Education.

    Uncashed non-financial aid refund checks

    If you were entitled a refund due to a non-financial aid transaction, and the check remains uncashed, we will make reasonable attempts to contact you. If the check remains uncashed for three years, the funds may be reported and paid to the Oregon Division of State Lands (ODSL) in accordance with ORS 098.352 and OAR 141-045-0061.

    Questions about your refund

    If you have not received your refund and it has been 10 calendar days since the refund was disbursed, please contact the Accounts Receivable Office at 503.594.6068 to inquire about a stop payment. NOTE: An Affidavit of lost item will need to be filled out prior to placing the stop payment and a fee may be assessed.

    Disputing tuition charges

    CCC provides full refunds for classes dropped by the posted deadline. We do not provide partial refunds. To receive a refund, classes must be dropped by the posted deadlines in person with the Enrollment Services department or online through your myClackamas account:

    • During the first two weeks of the class for classes meeting five weeks or more
    • During the first week of class for classes meeting for 3-4 weeks
    • Before the class begins for classes meeting for 2 weeks or less

    Note: Failure to attend class does not relieve you of your financial responsibility. Verbal notification for non-attendance is not sufficient for receiving a refund. If an extreme hardship prevented you from continuing your studies through the term, you may attempt to dispute your charges by submitting the Refund Policy Petition form to the Registration Office.

    Refund Policy Petition

    CCC will answer any dispute in writing within 30 days.

    Questions regarding your account balance can be directed to the Accounts Receivable Department at 503.594.6068 or staccounts@clackamas.edu

    Questions regarding your petition status can be directed to the Enrollment Services Department at 503.594.6100 or registrar@clackamas.edu

  • Contact our Office of Student Accounts Receivable

    Oregon City - 19600 Molalla Avenue, Oregon City, Oregon 97045

    Email us: staccounts@clackamas.edu

    Call us: 503-594-6068