Vision + Initiatives
- CCC Purpose, Mission, Core Themes and Code of Ethics
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Guided Pathways
- Highlights and Rankings
- Institutional Research
- Bond Initiatives
- Accreditation + Policies
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
Clackamas Community College Offers Professional Development Courses
OREGON CITY - Clackamas Community College's Connections with Business and Industry (CBI) works with Portland metro businesses to grow and develop their own talent. CBI provides comprehensive business support to help business owners and managers get the tools, staffing, training and resources needed for their employees to succeed.
This fall, CBI is offering a variety of classes that are open to the public. The college partners with qualified experts to design courses that reflect unique industry requirements. You don't need to apply or be a student to attend.
Upcoming courses include:
- Emerging Leader: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Oct. 15, 22, 29 and Nov. 5, 12, 19; Oregon City campus. $695/person
- Participants explore concepts such as adjusting to leadership roles, interaction with people of various personalities, effective communication, conflict resolution, goal setting and time management.
- Mentor Training: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Sept. 23 and 24; Oregon City campus. $249/person
- Gain an understanding and appreciation of personality styles and how they manifest in the workplace in terms of decision making, communication and work style. Participants will learn the role of a mentor and how to listen, provide support, encouragement and motivation.
- Customer Service: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Sept. 25; Oregon City campus. $109/person
- Participants will learn how to improve customer interaction through listening and effective communication, as well as promote customer retention, address challenges and represent an organization while providing value and service to the customer.
- Introduction to LEAN: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Oct. 9; Oregon City campus. $109/person
- This introductory workshop explores basic tools used to improve business processes by eliminating waste and fostering continuous improvement.
- Conflict Resolution: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Oct. 23; Oregon City campus. $109/person
- Learn practical techniques for managing workplace conflict. Participants learn to identify and practice effective conflict resolution skills that improve working relationships and foster collaboration.
"CCC's Connections with Business and Industry offers training and professional development opportunities that will not only boost employee performance, but will increase job satisfaction and retention," CBI Executive Director Lisa Davidson said. "Not only can we help improve your company's morale and efficiency, we can help you save money in the future. In some cases, we can help businesses access alternative funding options like grants and on-the-job training dollars."
Other services Connections with Business and Industry offers include customized recruitment, new-hire on-the-job training, business expansion strategies and counseling, downsizing or market change support services and professional development/training solutions.