Early Childhood Education and Family Studies CC
Education, Human Services and Criminal Justice Department | C.C. Certificate of Completion | 1 year
Clackamas Community College’s Early Childhood Education and Family Studies program offers the skills you need to succeed in a career in childhood education.
Early childhood education is a rewarding field that is vital in shaping the social, emotional, cognitive, linguistic and physical development of children. At Clackamas Community College, choose our one-year certificate and get the skills you need to succeed in a career working with children.
Starting at Clackamas Community College is an affordable first-step in transferring to a four-year university. Our early childhood education programs provide one-on-one advising and faculty support, as well as site placement assistance where you'll get real world training in the field. In fact, many of our students go on to full-time employment at their work experience sites after graduation.
- Early Childhood Education and Family Studies Handbook
- This program was recently featured in an article by UnidosUS
Early Childhood Education & Family Studies Core Requirements
Complete 3 credits of ECE-280
- Early Childhood Education/CWE
Complete the following Core Requirements
- Observation and Guidance I in ECE Settings
- Introduction to Early Childhood Education & Family Studies
- Language & Literacy Development in Young Children
- Safety, Health and Nutrition
- Environments and Curriculum Planning
- Foundations of Teaching & Education
- First Year Experience Level I
- Prenatal, Infant & Toddler Development
- Preschool Through Adolescent Child Development
Computation Related Instruction
Complete MTH-050 or MTH-065 or MTH-098
- Technical Mathematics I
- Algebra II
- College Math Foundations
Communication Related Instruction
- Composition I
Human Relations Related Instruction
- Culturally Responsive Teaching & Education
All courses must be passed with a C or better
“What I love most about CCC’s Head Start program is how much every single teacher puts heart and soul into loving the children and caring about their learning outcomes.
"These are incredibly amazing and dedicated teachers who guide each and every child in learning life skills and developing emotionally and socially, helping them to become kindergarten ready.”