- Vision + Initiatives
- Accreditation + Policies
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
CCC Purpose, Mission, Core Themes and Code of Ethics
Established in 1966 in Oregon City, Oregon, the goal of Clackamas Community College's has always been to provide quality education and training to people in our service district within Clackamas County. We're proud to say we've been accomplishing that goal for more than 50 years. Read more to learn more about the mission and values that guide our decision making.
Creating lifetime opportunities for success through responsive education.
To serve the people of the college district with high-quality education and training opportunities that are accessible to all students, adaptable to changing needs and accountable to the community we serve.
Our core themes describe the essential elements of our mission fulfillment.
- Academic Transfer - We prepare learners to transition to a four year institutions and attain their goals for further education.
- Career and Technical Education - We prepare learners to attain their career goals through programs that reflect the labor market needs of business and industry.
- Essential Skills - We prepare learners to attain high school completion, to achieve English language proficiency and to gain college and career readiness skills in mathematics, reading and writing.
- Lifelong Learning - We create opportunities for the lifelong professional, cultural and personal development of our community members.
Code of Ethics
To perform our jobs in a way that fosters personal growth and academic excellence, recognizes the inherent goodness of all people, models personal and academic integrity, respects diversity, and shows concern for the needs and feelings of others.
Strategic Priorities 2016-19
Strategic Priority: Strengthen curricular, instructional, and student services partnerships with high schools in our College’s district to improve readiness for Clackamas Community College.
Strategic Priority: Increase institutional resources and capacity in order to better fulfill our mission through:
- obtaining more grants and donations
- using existing resources more effectively
- creating sustainable programs, services and partnerships
- preserving public trust through responsible and transparent fiscal operations
Academic Innovation and Relevance
Strategic Priority: Continue to create an overall portfolio of high-quality, relevant, innovative and evidence-based instructional methods, programs, environments and models in order to better serve our students and community.
Strategic Priority: Degree- and certificate-seeking students will have clearly articulated guided educational and career pathways based on each student’s stated intent.