Mathematics at Clackamas Community College
No matter your future plans, you'll likely need to understand core math concepts to get there. At CCC we provide an encouraging, supportive environment to help you be successful. Our dedicated instructors make it their goal to make math less scary, by placing you in the right math class and by providing support services like free tutoring.
Start with the right math class for you
The first step to being successful with college math is proper placement, and CCC offers a unique way to determine which class is right for you. At CCC you can either take the traditional placement test, or you can decide to work with a placement advisor, who works with you to assess your skills. For more information on our PASS program, email email@example.com or call Beth Wicklund at 503-594-6294.
Math pathways available at CCC
CCC offers three math pathways, or sequence of courses that match your career goals.
- Career Tech Path: Ideal for students in the skilled trades like welding, automotive or horticulture who need technical math skills.
- STEM or Traditional Path: Ideal for students planning to transfer to a four-year university and pursue a degree in science, chemistry, engineering, etc.
- Stats Path: Ideal for students pursuing creative and/or communication careers like journalism, art, marketing and psychology.
Math resources for CCC students
- The CCC Learning Center offers free drop-in tutoring for all math students, and scheduled one-on-one tutoring for certain classes. Visit the Learning Center for more details, or contact our Math Lab Coordinator Scot Pruyn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Textbooks and calculators are available to check out from the library or to rent through ASG.
Math Lab Hours
- Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sunday, closed
Harmony campus (located in the main lobby)
- Monday and Wednesday, 10 a.m. to noon
- Monday-Thursday, 4-6 p.m.
- Math lab is closed during CCC holidays and campus closures. We close early during finals week on Wednesday at 2 p.m. and re-open at the beginning of next term.