- Plan a Visit
- Getting Started
- Apply Now
- Tuition + Fees
- Financial Aid + Scholarships
Complete Your Placement Assessment
We are excited you are planning to take classes at Clackamas Community College. Placement Advising for Student Success (PASS) is our placement program promoting guided student placements into the highest-level math and writing course in which they are likely to succeed. Getting placed in the right class for you can save you time and money.
Please complete this PASS Intake Survey and one of our PASS advisors will reach out to you to schedule a video/phone conference.
Providing complete information in the survey, including approximate GPA, past math courses, and program interests helps us to process your placement request more quickly.
- Recent high school graduates or current high school students: Please make sure to include an unofficial high school transcript or screenshot of your current high school classes when requested in the survey to meet placement requirements.
- Transfer/returning students with previous math and writing college credits: Please include an unofficial copy of your transcript or information about prior courses when requested in the survey. Transfer students can also contact advising at email@example.com or 503-594-3475 to schedule an appointment.
- Disability: If you have a disability that prevents or limits you from being able to access this placement survey, we are happy to connect you with the Disability Resource Center to help coordinate your placement process. Call 503-594-6357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apprenticeship or limited-enrollment medical programs: Students applying to apprenticeship programs and some limited-enrollment medical programs may be required to take additional placement tests. We recommend for students to contact programs directly to determine the alternatives to taking the placement tests at this time. If you have any other testing questions, please email email@example.com.
We look forward to assisting you with your math and writing placements. If you have questions after submitting your survey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Placement steps for new students
Please attach the following placement documents
along with your PASS Intake Survey when submitting. All campuses are currently closed to the public for placement in person.
- Official photo ID (required)
- High school transcript if you graduated within the past five years (unofficial copy)
- Previous test scores (Smarter Balanced, SAT, ACT, etc.)
- Previous college credits earned (AP, IB, ACC, other unofficial college transcripts)
- Degree- or certificate-seeking students should refer to our Transferring to CCC page on how to submit official college transcripts and test scores to CCC
Please complete our survey and one of our PASS advisors will reach out to you.
Meet with a PASS advisor (no appointment necessary)
A PASS advisor will meet with you to review your placement documents and educational goals. We’ll help determine your math and writing placements, refer you to meet with a PASS faculty advisor for additional assistance or decide whether placement tests are necessary to assess skill levels.
Determine if a placement test is necessary
Placement tests may be necessary for new students when more information is needed to assess math and writing skill levels. Example: a student who has been out of school more than five years or does not have recent test scores.
Note: Students applying to apprenticeship programs and some limited-enrollment medical programs are required to take placement tests.
Placement Advising for Student Success at CCC
Student services are available remotely. Contact the service area for specific hours. Visit the Coronavirus webpage for contact information. The college's Return to Campus Plan is available on the Return to Campus page.
For testing hours, please call our campuses for assistance.