- Plan a Visit
- Getting Started
- Apply Now
- Tuition + Fees
- Financial Aid + Scholarships
Complete Your Placement Assessment
We are excited you are planning to take classes at Clackamas Community College. Before you can register for your Math and Writing courses you will need to complete the PASS placement process. Placement Advising for Student Success (PASS) is our placement program which guides you into the highest-level math and writing course in which you are likely to succeed. Getting placed in the right class can save you time and money.
This is not a test. PASS placement is a two-step process where you help guide the placement decision as part of a conversation with our staff. Take the following steps to complete the placement process:
- Please complete this PASS Intake Survey
- Once your PASS intake survey has been submitted, one of our staff will reach out to you to schedule a video/phone conference. Or you can contact the Testing and Placement office directly to schedule your placement conversation in-person, over the phone, or via zoom at 503-594-3283 or email@example.com
Providing complete information in the survey, including approximate GPA, past math courses, and program interests helps us to process your placement request more quickly.
- Recent high school graduates or current high school students: Please make sure to include an unofficial high school transcript or screenshot of your current high school classes when requested in the survey to meet placement requirements.
- Transfer/returning students with previous math and writing college credits: Please include an unofficial copy of your transcript or information about prior courses when requested in the survey. Transfer students can also contact advising at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-594-3475 to schedule an appointment.
- Disability: If you have a disability that prevents or limits you from being able to access this placement survey, we are happy to connect you with the Disability Resource Center to help coordinate your placement process. Call 503-594-6357 or email email@example.com.
- Apprenticeship or limited-enrollment medical programs: Students applying to apprenticeship programs and some limited-enrollment medical programs may be required to take additional placement tests. We recommend for students to contact programs directly to determine the alternatives to taking the placement tests at this time. If you have any other testing questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to assisting you with your math and writing placements. If you have questions after submitting your survey, please email email@example.com.
Placement steps for new students
Please attach the following placement documents
Take the Pass Intake Survey
Please attach the following placement documents If applicable:
- High school transcript if you graduated within the past five years (unofficial copy)
- Previous test scores (Smarter Balanced, SAT, ACT, etc.)
- Previous college credits earned (AP, IB, ACC, other unofficial college transcripts)
Degree- or certificate-seeking students should refer to our Transferring to CCC page on how to submit official college transcripts and test scores to CCC
Placement Conversation with staff (by appointment only)
A CCC staff member will meet with you in person, over the phone or via Zoom to review your placement documents and educational goals to determine your math and writing placements with you. Look for an email from our staff to set up your appointment, or call the office at 503-594-3283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
Math and Writing Placement Samples
Math Placement Preparation and Samples
- Math 020-252 Samples
- Math CTE Pathway Samples
- Math Stats Pathway Samples
- Math STEM Pathway Samples
- Math 050 Spanish Language Samples
- Math Preparation Materials